Be a fellow.
We are hiring our new class of Fellows.
We'd love to have you on our team.
Our fellowship program provides mental health counseling graduates the opportunity to engage in clinical work, receive individual and group supervision, to work alongside their fellowship team while leading and participating in clinical and educational peer consultation - all while working towards their clinical licensure.
Fellowship hours meet New York State requirements for mental health counselors seeking clinical licensure.
You’re an ideal candidate for the MHC position if:
- You are clinically sound.
- You are dynamic and engaging in your practice as a therapist. And it shows.
- You would consider yourself cognitive behaviorally driven, with interests in psychodynamic, gestalt, narrative, person-centered and/or relational approaches.
- You can be compassionate & challenging within the same session. Or even the same five minutes.
- You are passionate about mental health counseling - you talk about it, read about it, dream about it.
- You are not afraid to ask questions. You want to learn. You want to be challenged.
- You want supervision that is active, action-oriented and holds you accountable to your growth.
- You have interest in private practice, and the administrative functions of the business of mental health.
We’d like to hear from you if:
- You are legally permitted to work in a practice owned by a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC). This means you are licensed or license eligible for LMHC.
- You are interested in a mix of working hours, including morning and/or late afternoon, evening and potentially weekend hours.
- You can be available for weekly supervision mid-day during the week.
- You have experience through internships and/or jobs developing and maintaining longer term relationships with your mental health clients (10+ sessions with clients), and carrying a solid caseload (5+ cases at a time). And the references to support it.
- You’re organized, responsive, and can’t remember the last time you left an email unanswered.
If this is you, please fill out our below application. Select applicants will be contacted for a follow-up interview. Due to the high number of applicants, only those highly qualified and able to meet the job requirements will be contacted for an interview.
The candidates chosen will work as a W2 employee, salaried part-time during a ramp-up, probationary period. As fellow tiers from initial work, to part time work to full-time, healthcare benefits are available.
In-person services are on the Upper West Side, near 72nd street. Telehealth is provided via a secure HIPAA compliant system.