Swati Mittal Jagetia, LMHC CPCC
Swati helps individuals live with purpose, and on purpose.
She is the Founder of Purpose Squared, a boutique group practice in New York City, providing Mental Health Counseling and Executive Coaching.
Swati spends most of her days counseling, coaching and supervising her team. You may also find Swati on campus, teaching as an Adjunct Assistant Professor of Psychology and Education at Columbia University; at Google NYC, where she counsels individuals on-site; and in all corners of the Upper West Side of NYC, chasing her three little kids -- each likely running in a different direction.
Swati is a maximizer. She encourages her clients to achieve optimal performance, productivity, meaningful relationships and a strong and satisfying sense of being. This all comes from creative and deep self-inquiry, no-holds barred awareness development, and activation of her client’s courageous selves. Swati’s clients are often juggling multiple priorities — achievement, start-up businesses, partnerships, parenting — all the while wondering how to remain mentally healthy, present-minded and prepared for the future.
Previously a business executive, Swati transitioned her love of management and developing people into her second career, as a Licensed Mental Health Therapist, Coach and Facilitator. She believes strongly in her “Purpose Squared” approach — living with purpose, and on purpose in order to gain exponential returns. This includes unearthing true meaning tied to our experiences and making conscious, intentional choices in our lives. She’s not interested in breezing through our days, or going through the motions. Each day provides the opportunity to live deeply and purposefully.
Training and Qualifications
- M.A. in Counseling Psychology, Columbia University, New York City
- Ed.M. in Counseling for Mental Health and Wellness, Columbia University, New York City
- B.B.A. with concentrations in Business Marketing and Advertising, James Madison University
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC), Coaches Training Institute,
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) in the State of New York
- Accredited practitioner of the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Step 2 assessment and the Strong Interest Inventory
- TEDx Speaker, The Small Words that Sabotage (and what to say instead)
- Speaker and lecturer (TEDx, Google, The DVP, Oxford Entrepreneurial Network)