Roma Kaczmarkiewicz, MHC-LP
Roma has an insatiable interest - in relationships, healthy coping skills, affirming care and support.
She believes all people are equipped with the tools to live a meaningful life. Only somehow, along our journeys, many of us learn we cannot trust ourselves - and, instead, look externally for direction. Roma is committed to helping you recognize and reconnect with your innate abilities.
Roma provides a safe, non-judgemental space for you to reconnect with yourself and identify your goals. Using a collaborative, direct, and often comedic approach, it is Roma's mission to help you feel empowered to do more than live - to thrive.
Integrative in her work, Roma draws from cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and narrative therapy, with specific training in DBT (a form of CBT) with parents, couples, and families. She is attuned to the importance of relationships and identity in her work, and is particularly passionate about working with individuals in the LGBTQ+ community or people who are struggling with anxiety, perfectionism, and relationship issues.
Outside of her life as a counselor and mental health advocate, you can find Roma listening to podcasts, watching Netflix originals, and exploring all corners of the city.
Please note: Roma holds a limited permit in NYS, working under the Supervision of Swati Mittal Jagetia, LMHC, as an employee of Purpose Squared Mental Health Counseling, PLLC.
Training and Qualifications
- M.A. and Ed.M. in Counseling Psychology, Columbia University, New York City
- Advanced Certificate in Sexuality, Women, and Gender, Columbia University, New York City
- Work experience promoting healthy relationship education for students through the DC Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Group facilitation at the Discovery Mood and Anxiety Program
- Four Winds Hospital, NYS Psychiatric Institute and the Larchmont Mamaroneck Community Counseling Center